You know what people like? Sexy people. You know what gets people to spend money? Sexy people.
You know what’s proof the patriarchy doesn’t give a shit about economics? How rarely the female gaze is pandered to.
Whenever something panders to the female gaze, it becomes a MASSIVE hit. Supernatural, The Avengers, Twilight, Pirates of The Caribbean, regardless of what you think of these pieces of media, they feature attractive scantily clad men, and they all made LOADS of money.
There’s nothing wrong with scantily clad women doing suggestive things, provided they’re depicted as sexy people, not sexy objects (more on that later) the problem is this weird inexplicable imbalance. It’s as if there’s this unspoken rule that we must never or only rarely use sexy male bodies to sell a product, to promote a movie, to whatever, it’s as if people who are attracted to men aren’t seen as a demographic, and that’s a shame for everyone. A great number of people love being sexualized at least a little bit, but men have been trained to believe wanting to be attractive is wrong or unmanly, and women have been trained to believe they’re not allowed to be attracted to physical attractiveness, but despite this, women are more visual than anyone admits, and men want to be hot, but because women caring about looks upsets the delicate balance of “You should love me for being a nice guyTM” we NEVER do it.
I mean, we live in a culture where Michael Cera is cast as a romantic lead. Fuck that, are men really so afraid of women masturbating to hotties that they WILLINGLY throw away bundles of cash? Sexy people are great, having your gaze pandered to is great, and pandering to horny ladies (and yes, ladies can be just as horn-doggy as men) is AWESOME (and economically sensible).
So Hollywood, and media industry in general, you want to make money? Shirtless men, full frontal male nudity that isn’t treated as hilarious or disgusting, and all the good looking men you can throw in there, because you’re not pandering to the gaze of like half your audience (straight women, and gay men).
I mean, it’s freaking spiting capitalism to maintain misogyny. What are we coming to?
We can do a fuck ton better than that.
- porn-is-the-new-pink likes this
- sanssavoirpourquoi likes this
- cinnacorn reblogged this from dghafsdddhgdsahgf
- ladiladiladidadida likes this
- two-moans likes this
- dghafsdddhgdsahgf reblogged this from thepeacockangel and added:
- ghouldilocks likes this
- thescienceofneuroplasticity likes this
- thoughshesfeminine likes this
- aliveforalittlewhile likes this
- hakureiryuu reblogged this from bramblepatch
- britt-ish likes this
- eclairdanes likes this
- goddamnitprotoman reblogged this from butlertotheprotomen
- elfboi reblogged this from thepeacockangel
- itakethewords likes this
- foolish-arachni likes this
- minakat reblogged this from thepeacockangel
- s-m-i likes this
- soulanome likes this
- the-cafe-of-ill-placed-love likes this
- victusinveritas likes this
- sweetlittlemoon likes this
- nikineon reblogged this from bramblepatch
- dualscepters likes this
- bramblepatch reblogged this from thepeacockangel
- rinachur likes this
- ichbinerica reblogged this from butlertotheprotomen
- butlertotheprotomen reblogged this from xtremecaffeine
- tealeafprincess likes this
- butlertotheprotomen likes this
- oyveyzqueer said: and this is why i love kpop
- xtremecaffeine reblogged this from thepeacockangel
- jerkoffmatinee likes this
- thepeacockangel posted this